Did you recently graduate? Congrats!
Have limited or no work experience? No problem!
How to Write an Entry Level Resume as a Recent Graduate
You’re graduating college (or already have)—congratulations! Although you’ve made it through years of education and the occasional internship, landing a professional job will be a daunting task. Of course, we all have to start somewhere, and your first job will never be your last; however, we have some tips to share with you for your entry level resume to help increase your chances of getting a job that a) you are passionate about, b) pays some of your student loan debt, and/or c) will provide you invaluable development for your lifelong career.
- Highlight your skills and unique personality. Whether you mention being captain of the soccer team (to show leadership) or call out volunteer work (to show community engagement), one thing is certain—every other college graduate will have similar information on their resume. Think about the skills and experience that sets you aside from the others graduating in your class with the same degree. Would you hire yourself? Be sure to capture your selling points on paper.
- Don’t worry if you lack work history. List coursework that’s relevant to the position you are posting for. Specify volunteer work and internships (and how you contributed to the success of each cause or company). Talk about your life experiences to provide a modern, personalized approach for the hiring manager or recruiter to appreciate.
- Seek positions that are aligned with your major. It’s difficult to explain why you’re pursuing a law enforcement position after having spent years studying sales and marketing. Conversely, don’t pigeon-hole your job search to a position that is so specific, you may be letting other great opportunities pass you by.
Our team of Career Advocates is standing by to help you identify where to start… Do you need help identifying your skills? Are you sure of the positions that align best with your education? Whatever questions you have, we’re here to help! We can even write an awesome resume, cover letter, and/or LinkedIn Profile for you so you can dive right into your job search without getting hung up on resume etiquette! Keep scrolling to learn more about our services, our process, and to see samples of our work!
The cover letter and resume look amazing!!! I thank you so much for your hard work and I am so grateful to you in helping me to market myself in such a great way! I will certainly recommend you to everyone I know!Katie
Why choose Evolution Coaching?
Our team consists of Certified Professional Resume Writers and Career Coaches who have had direct work experience as University Career Advisors, Recruiters, Educators, and Leaders from Fortune 500 companies! We incorporate the latest industry trends and best practices in your new job search documents and coaching sessions! Celebrating your life’s work is half the process–the second half is getting you results in your evolving career! With our extreme passion for helping others, your success is our success!
How do I communicate with my Certified Professional Resume Writer?
Directly! Once service is ordered, you will receive a “Welcome” e-mail from the Evolution Coach who will work with you! Our Coach will ask you additional or clarifying questions for your order via e-mail or a phone consultation. While we get to work creating drafts of your new career marketing documents, your Evolution Coach will maintain direct communication with you throughout the entire process!
What is your typical turnaround time?
You can expect to receive your new draft(s) within 4-5 business days of the date you supply your Evolution Coach with the information necessary to create effective marketing documents. Should you require a faster turnaround (2 business days to receive a draft), an expedited service is available for an additional charge ($49).
Is updating my LinkedIn Profile important? What does the service include?
Absolutely! Your LinkedIn Profile is a valuable tool that validates your skills, education, and achievements while allowing you to network and open the door for new opportunities.
Your LinkedIn Profile is not only a personal networking tool; it is a global search engine used by 98% of recruiters and 85% of hiring managers searching for the ideal candidate. By keeping an up-to-date, accurate, and professional LinkedIn Profile, you are utilizing the internet’s main location for professionals to network and be found by recruiters and hiring managers when open positions may not have even been posted on behalf of a company!
With our LinkedIn Profile Service, we will update and optimize your profile with keywords and phrases that recruiters and hiring managers will be searching for. We will create a catchy, personalized Headline to set you apart from the crowd, update your Professional Summary with the content created in your new resume, identify additional skills and achievements to demonstrate your value, and bring your experience up-to-date.
How many revisions are included?
Once you receive your draft(s) via email, the revisions process will begin. You will have 7 days to review your document(s) once they arrive in your inbox and make unlimited revision requests during that time. Revision requests include changes to core content, additions, etc. For minor changes, such as repositioning skills or making word modifications, your new Word document(s) is designed to be easily editable by you based on each posting you submit to.
What industries do you specialize in?
Administrative/Support, Art/Design/Media, Automotive, Education, Engineering, Finance/Accounting, Healthcare, Human Resources, Insurance, Law Enforcement, Legal, Manufacturing, Marketing/Public Relations, Nursing, Real Estate, Restaurant & Hospitality, Retail, Sales, Science, Technology, Trades, Transportation & Warehousing
Entry Level Resume Service
Starting at only $179!
Here is a list of the 50 best entry level jobs…
and we can help you get one!
Click on each position below to see a description, education requirements, salary, and more!
- Actuarial Assistant
- Advertising Sales Agent
- Advertising Sales Assistant
- Application Support Analyst
- Applications Software Developer
- Architect Assistant
- Assistant Buyer
- Assistant Graphic Designer
- Assistant Media Planner
- Brand Assistant
- Civil Engineering Technician
- Computer Engineering Technician
1. Upload your existing Resume/CV or complete our questionnaire
2. Receive an introduction from your writer via email
3. Answer any additional questions your writer may have
This step is completed via a phone consultation or email
4. Receive a draft via email for your review
5. Provide feedback to your writer upon review of your new documents
You will have seven days after receiving your first draft to request revisions
6. Your completed Resume/CV is delivered in both Word and PDF formats!
Job Search Preparation – 2/45-minute Career Coaching Sessions
Interview Preparation – 4/45-minute Career Coaching Sessions
We offer various letters and documents to support your job search! Be sure you are prepared with all you will need to take the first step in your career!
Ready to Order?
Ready to Order?
Once payment is submitted, you’ll be immediately directed to a page to upload your current resume or complete a questionnaire.
Questions About the Process?
We’re here to help! If you have any questions at all, please contact us!