So, you have your professional cover letter typed up, your resume prepared, and you’re pumped and ready to start distributing! Wait! Not so fast! Let’s take a second look at the resume objective you’ve developed and ensure it is going to jump off the page at the hiring manager looking to fill the position you are just dying to have! I know, I know… resume objectives… boringggg! BUT, a well-executed resume objective can make or break your resume, so let’s take some time and make yours the best it can be! After all, your resume is your first introduction to a hiring manager – don’t you want to make the most powerful impression possible?? Check out these 70 resume objective examples to get your creative juices pumping!
Remember, resume objectives need to be tailored to each position you are applying for in order to make the greatest impact. You need to be very specific and very clear about your intentions and goals with the company. Try to put yourself in the hiring manager’s shoes. Think about reviewing resume after resume for days on end, trying to sift through and determine the most qualified candidates. You could be the best person for the job, but if your resume objective doesn’t shake up that hiring manager (in other words, make him spit out his coffee and say, “Now this sounds like the right person for the job!”) then you haven’t spent enough time on your objective.
What Is A Resume Objective?
Before we get into specific examples, let’s first touch on what exactly a resume objective is, what should be included in it, and what it means to a hiring manager.
Resume objectives are detailed, concise statements about who you are and what you have to offer the company. You want to clearly identify your aspirations while highlighting your past accomplishments. Resume objectives are important in pushing you past the application stage and into the interview phase. A strong resume objective will grab the eye of the hiring manager and encourage them to linger a bit longer on your resume, giving you an upper hand among the many competing candidates.
According to a 2015 article on Inc.com, less than 1% of applicants receive interview requests. Scary, right?! This is exactly why having a top notch resume objective can mean the difference between nailing down your dream job, or continuing on with your grueling job search.
When Should You Use A Resume Objective?
Now that we know what a resume objective is, let’s talk about when it is appropriate to use it on your professional resume.
It’s true, a resume objective is not always the best approach. There are many schools of thought regarding the use and effectiveness of resume objectives. Some feel that the resume objective can come across as uninspired and potentially work against, rather than with you. There are also times it is best to utilize a “professional summary” in place of the objective – or let’s get crazy and combine a professional summary AND a resume objective.
All these options! How do you know which is the right avenue for you? Don’t worry, we are not only here to help you determine whether a resume objective is right for you, but we are also going to provide with you a boatload of resume objective examples to help get those creative juices flowing!
Are you fresh out of college or just getting into the job market?
Are you looking to get into a new industry entirely?
Are you trying to land a specific job or position?
If the answer to any of these questions is “Yes,” then you can rest easy knowing a strong, powerful resume objective is right for you! If the answer to all of these questions is “No,” then you may want to consider writing a professional summary rather than a resume objective.
Now that you are confident a resume objective is exactly what you need, how can you determine whether your resume objective is up to par? Take a look at the 70 resume objective examples below and see how yours measures up!
Resume Objective Examples for an Accounting Resume
- To expand upon my existing corporate finance skill set in both analytic and transaction execution, generating increasingly responsible positions in treasury.
- To secure an accounting position where I will be able to contribute my skills, knowledge, and experience to a company that will enable me to develop my career.
- Seeking a position at a leading organization as a financial analyst and to continue my education in the financial field by obtaining the CFA designation.
- Detail-oriented accountant determined to obtain a position at (Company Name) which will allow utilization of developed (analytical) and (problem solving) skills as well as a thorough understanding of (popular tax and accounting software).
- Motivated individual seeking to obtain accountant position at (Company Name) which will benefit from strong (mathematical), (deductive reasoning), and (problem solving) abilities.
Resume Objective Examples for a Customer Service Resume
- Obtain a customer service position at (Company Name) where I can maximize my people-oriented experience, communication skills, and problem solving abilities.
- Secure a position as a team player in a people-oriented organization where I can maximize my customer service experience to achieve corporate goals in a challenging environment.
- Attain a position that will enable me to use my strong communication and organizational skills, customer service background, and my ability to work well with others.
- Challenging customer relations position with (Company Name) that focuses on sales, retention, and resolutions.
- Seeking to use experience and communication skills for (Company Name) to resolve, enhance, and transform the face of customer interaction.
Resume Objective Examples for an Entry Level Resume
- To secure employment with a company (or institution) that offers a consistently positive atmosphere to learn and implement new (technologies) for the betterment of the organization.
- To bring my strong dedication, responsibility, and motivation while utilizing my (accounting) qualifications obtained through (college name).
- Seeking an entry-level position in sales where I can build upon my current skill set to contribute to the (profitability) of the company. Determined and goal-oriented, my temporary work experience in retail coupled with excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus provides a great starting point for a (sales) career with your company.
- Dedicated professional with Bachelor’s degree seeking a challenging entry-level (Human Resource Administration) position with (Company Name) that will allow the use and growth of (administrative) skills, (interpersonal) abilities, and career advancement.
- Recent graduate with 5+ years of customer service experience looking for an entry-level (Human Resource Administration) position with (Company Name) that will foster career growth and use of interpersonal skills.
Resume Objective Examples for an Executive Assistant Resume
- Organized, results-oriented professional with 10+ years’ experience managing payroll, schedule coordination, and communications seeking an Executive Assistant position with (Company Name) to benefit organization through (exemplary) executive support.
- Looking to secure a position with (Company Name) as an Executive Assistant which enables use of problem solving abilities, (accounting) knowledge, and coordination of office affairs to support growth of (client base).
- Driven, proactive professional seeking Senior Executive Assistant position with (Company Name) to utilize extensive knowledge of accounting programs, scheduling coordination, office management, and technical communication to positively contribute to the organization.
- Desire employment as an Executive Assistant in a professional environment that encourages dedication and fruitful hard work to utilize my (organizational/administrative) abilities.
- To obtain the position of Executive Assistant in a demanding work environment where my (organizational) and (planning) skills are fully utilized.
Resume Objective Examples for an Executive Resume
- To further develop my professional career with an executive management position in a world-class company. Seeking to diversify my skills in another industry and as part of a larger organization. (Relocation desirable).
- To attain a senior position in the (Financial Services) industry with a focus on operational management, team leadership, and process improvements.
- An instigator of innovation with unwavering determination to bring products to market, I contribute selfless and ethical leadership, influence change, build great talent, monetize opportunities, and execute relentlessly. I will literally do “whatever it takes” to get the job done.
- Seeking to (enhance) success leading product development, IT operations, and professional services for a (rapid-growth) enterprise, increasing quality assurance and revenue growth.
- Pursuing position as (Chief Operations Officer) with (Company Name) to support and grow (client network) by drawing on 20+ years of experience providing (high-quality systems management), (personnel recruitment), (professional communications), and leadership.
Resume Objective Examples for a Human Resources Resume
- Experienced (HR Coordinator) who enjoys challenges seeking opportunity to learn and enable use of strong organizational skills, educational background, and ability to work well with others.
- Seeking a position in Human Resources which provides an opportunity to make strong contributions by utilizing and expanding upon related education, skills, experiences, and capabilities.
- To attain a responsible career opportunity where I can fully utilize my training, HR, and management skills, while making a significant contribution to the success of my employer.
- A position in (Personnel or Human Resources Management) which will require me to apply my business experience and education to assist the company in achieving its goals.
- A position in the Human Resources field where I can utilize proven (people-oriented) skills to develop and promote a positive work environment.
Resume Objective Examples for a Manager Resume
- To continue my career with an organization that will utilize my (leadership), (project management), and (administrative) skills to benefit mutual growth and success.
- Secure a challenging leadership position by applying (creative problem solving) and (fine management) skills with a growing company to achieve optimum utilization of its resources and maximize profits.
- My objective is to leverage my experience while continuing to be challenged. I have 20 years’ experience working for (service providers) delivering (marketing intelligence products and services). My background in (Management), (Account Management), (Project Management), and (Technical Process Management) represents a unique combination of disciplines.
- To offer my skills to your company for the position of (Manager), particularly in the field of (sales) or (advertising), to enhance my professional skill set in accordance with organizational objectives.
- I am pursuing a career as an (Account Manager) with limited overnight travel. I am seeking to share my research, analytical, and presentation skills to benefit your company’s (volume), (growth), (brand), and (profits).
Resume Objective Examples for a Marketing Resume
- To apply my expertise as a (Marketing Director) for a dynamic organization that encompasses hiring a this position is an investment – one that is crucial to the success of nearly all aspects of the organization: (Business Development), (Sales), (Customer Retention), (Public Relations), (Recruiting), and (Database Management).
- To secure a position rooted in customer service where my marketing skills and diligent follow-up practices will maximize company (profitability).
- Seeking a marketing position with an organization where demonstrated skills in marketing, administration, and sales can be used to increase (profitability) and (promote growth).
- To lead, challenge, and be challenged in a marketing strategy or business/market development position. Seeking to (analyze and improve marketing, sales, and operational performance). Seeking to (develop products, markets, and relationships).
- Seeking a rewarding position where I can analyze and improve marketing, sales, and operational performance.
Resume Objective Examples for a Nursing Resume
- Looking for a Registered Nurse position in a (Hospital) to utilize efficient, professional, and exceptional nursing skills in carrying out standard nursing procedures of assessment, planning, implementation, and revision of the nursing program for a group of (patients), following (hospital) policies.
- To secure a position as a RN with (Hospital) that will enable me to benefit my employer professionally and give the highest level of comfort and care to patients.
- To obtain a position with a well-established organization with advancement opportunities, utilizing my skills in the field of medical billing and coding.
- Seeking the position of Registered Nurse in a challenging healthcare center where exceptional combination of theoretical and clinical skills is required to effectively perform and enhance my responsibilities.
- Desire the position of Registered Nurse in a (Nursing Home) where my strong knowledge, experience, and clinical skills are needed to develop, implement, and assess a patients’ care plan, and to provide remarkable service to patients and their families.
Resume Objective Examples for an Office Administrator Resume
- A results-driven worker eager to begin an (entry-level position) where versatile administrative skills can contribute to the successful operations of the company.
- Seeking an (Administrative Assistant) position with a company that will allow me to fully utilize my (communication), (organizational), and (problem solving) skills.
- Seeking a (Secretarial/Bookkeeping) position in which I can utilize my extensive (office management), (communication), and (accounting) skills to benefit the organization.
- Seeking a (Word Processing Secretary) position which will require me to utilize my (computer knowledge), (strong people skills), (organizational abilities), and business experience.
- To attain an (Office/Clerical) position in which my (customer service), (bookkeeping), (personal), (clerical), and (general office) skills will contribute to greater office efficiency and productivity.
Resume Objective Examples for a Retail Resume
- To acquire a challenging career in the position of (Retail Trade Manager) with a solid company utilizing the opportunity to offer proven and developing skills within the company.
- Hardworking (skilled trade worker) looking for employment in a field where I may utilize my languishing skills in production and management with a sincere and dedicated effort to assist the company in meeting and exceeding its production goals.
- Highly motivated individual seeking (Retail Associate) position with (Company Name) that will encourage the use of (friendly customer service), (leadership), and (fashion) skills.
- Searching for a (Retail Associate) position with (Company Name) that values extensive (retail) experience, excellent (customer service), and a (professional attitude).
- Professional and responsible (Retail Associate) with excellent background in (sales and marketing) seeking position with (Company Name).
Resume Objective Examples for a Sales Resume
- To offer my skills to your company, especially in the field of (sales), (advertising), and (analytics) to grasp the power to enhance my professional skill set in accordance with organizational objectives.
- Acquire a job as a (Sales Associate) with (Company Name) to use developed (people) skills, (detailed analysis), and (customer relationship management) expertise.
- Seeking a (Sales Associate) position with (Company Name) to contribute (people) skills, (sales) expertise, (problem solving) skills, and (customer relationship management).
- Seeking a (Sales) position with a reputable company who is looking for an experienced, hardworking, and detail-oriented team player.
- Looking at new opportunities to leverage my 20+ years’ professional experience in a (New Business Sales) capacity to have an immediate impact on new business revenue while increasing profitability.
Resume Objective Examples for a Teacher Resume
- To merge my enthusiasm and talent for learning and teaching with (adult vocational) students in order to develop professional skills and attitudes.
- Looking to secure a job in the (childcare sector) or as a (Classroom Assistant) as a responsible, dedicated professional providing support and guidance for children while creating a warm atmosphere.
- Obtain a position as an (Elementary School Teacher) that will utilize my strong dedication to children’s development and to their educational needs.
- As an (Entry-Level Teacher), I would like to utilize my lively and energetic attitude in teaching students with great enthusiasm.
- To build a long-term career as an (Elementary Teacher) with opportunities for career growth and to keep up with cutting-edge teaching technologies.
Resume Objective Examples for an IT Resume
- Seeking an (Executive) position in a leading multinational organization, contributing business value by developing and executing a strategic, long-term vision while leading the (firm) to achieve measurable business results and growth, effectively managing the (IT portfolio of investments).
- My goal is to secure a dynamic, challenging opportunity that contributes to the outstanding success of a business via 15+ years of Information Technology experience from various global industries.
- To utilize my technical and (management) skills for (strategizing) and (developing) the best performance in (Company Name) by using innovative ideas, skills, and creativity for accomplishing projects.
- I am looking to obtain a position as a (Software Tester) in an organization where I can test software and embrace the opportunity to enhance my knowledge about new and emerging trends.
- Energetic, technical-minded professional seeking a position as a (Software Engineer) at (Company Name) where knowledge of software development life cycles, a high technical aptitude, and unyielding commitment to work can effectively be utilized to contribute to the successful and profitable operation of the company.
Now that you have successfully identified what a resume objective is, when it is appropriate to utilize it, and how to properly implement it, you are all set to begin your job hunt! You have the documents and drive to get you into your dream job tomorrow!
Still feeling a bit overwhelmed? Not to worry! Evolution Coaching is here to help put your fears to rest and land you an exciting and rewarding position! Check out our Resume Writing Services, Interview Prep, and Career Coaching Services. We are here to help every step of the way!